Smile Identity builds trust.
Smile Identity is Africa’s leading digital KYC and Identification provider. We’re building the tools that make it easier for millions of Africans to prove their identity online, anywhere they are in the world.
Our products are used by our partners across a wide range of industries such as Banking, Fintech, Social Welfare, Telecoms, and the Shared Economy. We are backed by US and African investors Norsken22, Costanoa, CRE, Future Africa, Susa Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Courtside Ventures, Two Culture Capital, Latitude, Valuestream Ventures, Intercept Ventures and Vinod Khosla.
Our team is diverse, spanning 5 offices, 10 countries and 8 time zones. We believe in truth, hard work, fun, and ownership. Every Smiler has the intellectual freedom and autonomy to do their best work. We’d love for you to come with us on this amazing journey!
We are looking for an experienced commercial leader with a track record in establishing and scaling sales or business development teams across Francophone Africa.
This is a chance to make a big impact in a growth stage company. The role has a long list of responsibilities and to be successful you should be able to contribute to the attainment of specific goals and results of the Commercial department and the organization. This role reports directly to the VP, Commercial.
In collaboration with the VP Commercial and Head of International Expansion, you will establish commercial goals, associated target metrics and functional requirements to achieve our vision across Francophone Africa.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Setting the commercial strategy of Smile Identity in Francophone Africa (size the markets, identify target segments to unlock, produce salesforce plan, establish key metrics)
- Optimizing our inbound leads pipeline, crafting a sales methodology and eventually hiring lead qualification reps (by region or use case)
- Developing and implementing the go-to-market strategy for new markets across Francophone Africa in collaboration with the Head of International Expansion
- Initiating and overseeing relationships with Data Providers (e.g., government identity databases) in the region
- As the business grows, hiring and managing sales leads and other personnel across Francophone Africa to establish their target KPIs and produce a list of prospects for account-based sales
- Support our account management and partner success functions for existing clients in conjunction with the respective functional head
- Working with our Head of Marketing to design strategies that turn our customer testimonials and unique data insights into brand leadership for Smile Identity, especially in the Francophone community
- Attending conferences and representing Smile Identity at events across Francophone Africa
What We’re Looking For
- 10 years of experience in sales and business development with track record of success, preferably within a data-driven SaaS company
- Experience leading, building and managing sales teams, and developing sales processes
- Strong professional network in Francophone Africa in the telco, banking and financial services industries, including fintechs; connections to regulatory agencies a plus
- Ability to travel frequently across Africa
- Strong written and spoken communicator in both French and English
- Prior experience with remote, distributed teams is a strong plus
- Proficient with Google Suite or related software
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock Options
- Flexibility (this is a remote-working position) and a chance to join a purpose-driven technology company at an exciting inflection point